The launch of the Arts Education Data Project has created new energy and purpose to provide high quality arts education for all students in California. Supported by the Declaration of Student Rights to Equity in Arts Education, arts organizations, arts councils and teaching artists are expanding and adjusting their programming to match the goals and priorities of their school district partners. This webinar will highlight the power of these tools to empower all sectors to collaborate strategically. Presenters representing statewide partners include Josy Miller, Arts Education Program Specialist,California Arts Council; Sibyl O’Malley, Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications, California Alliance for Arts Education: and Pat Wayne, Program Director of Create CA. California Arts Council grantees who will share their compelling arts education programs and strategic partnerships are Nancy Ng, Executive Director of the Luna Dance Institute, Eve McEneaney, Executive Director of Arts For The Schools (Placer County) and Meghan O’Keefe, Executive Director of AmadorArts.
PTA Visual and Performing Arts Guide for Parents
2017 Resources featured at Create CA Convening
- Declaration of the Rights of All Students to Equity in Arts Learning
- Enhancing Professional Learning Think Tank
- Master Powerpoint – Professional Learning, Part 1
- Master Powerpoint – Professional Learning, Part 2
- Teacher Preparation Continuing Development (Frank Heuser)
- Professional Learning for Teaching Artists (Jochelle Perena)
- TCAP Map and Program Info 2017 (Kris Alexander)
- CCSESA Arts Initiative (Sarah Anderberg)
- Effective Advocacy -What’s Working Think Tank
- Master Powerpoint Advocacy
- Preparing-Students-for-the-Next-America-FINAL (Research you can use)
- Music Training Speeds Up Brain Development in Children (Assal Habibi)
- Arts ED Search (searchable research)
- Arts=Opportunity, Advocacy Playing Cards (Merryl Golberg)
- Art=Opportunity Website
- California Alliance for Arts Education
- Achieving Equity – Think Tank
- Master Powerpoint- Equity
- Arts and Title 1 (Laura Smythe)
- Title 1 Video (California Alliance for Arts Education)
- Teaching Artist Guild – Teaching Artistry and Social Justice (Miko Lee) .
- Eye on Leadership Development – Think Tank
- TurnAround Arts
A selection of other arts education presentations, toolkits, research documents, and other resources.
- ESSA: Mapping opportunities for the Arts
- DATA YOU CAN USE
- “CALIFORNIA IN THE CREATIVE ECONOMY: Arts Education, Innovation and a Revolution Waiting to Happen”, John M. Eger, 10-2015.
Outlining what the state and the Federal Government are now doing—in part through createCA— the document shares what we must do going forward – specifically, how we should work with California schools, CCSESA, CAAE, The California Department of Education, The California Arts Council, The California State PTA and others whose mission like ours is to “ensure ALL students are able to reach their full potential by advancing an education model that promotes creativity and the arts for the workforce of tomorrow.”