2018 Convening Resources
Public Will Campaign Toolkit – Coming October 26
Declaration of the Rights of All Student to Equity in Arts Learning (newly revised with examples)
Leadership Development –
Student Pathways (In development)
Research for Teacher Training – Teacher Education and Arts Education Within the CSU and UC Systems -A Survey of the Current Landscape, 2018 by Professor Eric Engdahl, Cal State East Bay
The launch of the Arts Education Data Project has created new energy and purpose to provide high quality arts education for all students in California. Supported by the Declaration of Student Rights to Equity in Arts Education, arts organizations, arts councils and teaching artists are expanding and adjusting their programming to match the goals and priorities of their school district partners. This webinar will highlight the power of these tools to empower all sectors to collaborate strategically. Presenters representing statewide partners include Josy Miller, Arts Education Program Specialist,California Arts Council; Sibyl O’Malley, Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications, California Alliance for Arts Education: and Pat Wayne, Program Director of Create CA. California Arts Council grantees who will share their compelling arts education programs and strategic partnerships are Nancy Ng, Executive Director of the Luna Dance Institute, Eve McEneaney, Executive Director of Arts For The Schools (Placer County) and Meghan O’Keefe, Executive Director of AmadorArts.
PTA Visual and Performing Arts Guide for Parents
Declaration of the Rights of All Students to Equity in Arts Learning
- Declaration of the Rights of Students to Equity in Arts Learning
- Model School Board Resolution to adopt Declarations
- Communications Toolkit for Declarations
Effective Advocacy -What’s Working
- Preparing-Students-for-the-Next-America-FINAL (Research you can use)
- Music Training Speeds Up Brain Development in Children (Assal Habibi)
- Arts ED Search (searchable research)
- Arts=Opportunity, Advocacy Playing Cards (Merryl Golberg)
- Art=Opportunity Website
- California Alliance for Arts Education
- Achieving Equity – Think Tank
- Arts and Title 1 (Laura Smythe)
- Title 1 Video (California Alliance for Arts Education)
- Teaching Artist Guild – Teaching Artistry and Social Justice (Miko Lee) .
A selection of other arts education presentations, toolkits, research documents, and other resources.
- ESSA: Mapping opportunities for the Arts
- DATA YOU CAN USE
- “CALIFORNIA IN THE CREATIVE ECONOMY: Arts Education, Innovation and a Revolution Waiting to Happen”, John M. Eger, 10-2015.
Outlining what the state and the Federal Government are now doing—in part through createCA— the document shares what we must do going forward – specifically, how we should work with California schools, CCSESA, CAAE, The California Department of Education, The California Arts Council, The California State PTA and others whose mission like ours is to “ensure ALL students are able to reach their full potential by advancing an education model that promotes creativity and the arts for the workforce of tomorrow.”