- This event has passed.
Why Race? A Racial Equity Learning Journey
October 29, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” -James Baldwin
Racial equity is the center point for the CAC’s equity journey. in this 90-minute workshop, we invite our creative communities across the state to share, listen, reflect, and iterate together on racial equity commitments.
This year the CAC will have a new eligibility requirement for grant applicant organizations to include a racial equity statement. This workshop is one element of the support we are offering for constituents to feel prepared for this new requirement.
Through this workshop we will:
- SHARE the CAC’s racial equity learning journey and vision
- HEAR from community members on their racial equity process and practices
- REFLECT on where your organization is on this learning arc and assess what could be next in your process
The workshop will include closed captioning and Spanish interpretation.
Send all inquiries or submit event description, location and link to email@example.com. In order to be posted, the event must meet the following qualifications:
– state or county-wide;
– focused on professional learning; and
– open registration to participants from the arts education sector.
Please do not submit event information that is designed to promote a particular program.