- This event has passed.
Supercharge Your Superpower in Art Education
November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 7 @ 5:00 pm$60 - $175
Planned focus themes for each day, including lessons or demonstrations aligned with the theme and general workshops on other topics. Day rates are available.
- Wednesday, Nov. 4 keynote topic will be Choice-Based Art Education. Melissa Purtee, author of Making Artists and The Open Art Room, will be the keynote speaker at 4 PM.
- Thursday, Nov. 5 keynote will be focused on the new California Framework. The California Arts Project and Kris Alexander will provide an overview of the new Framework and a series of related workshops will provide ideas on how to implement the Framework in your classroom.
- Saturday, Nov. 7 morning will feature keynote, Liz Byron and Universal Design for Learning followed by workshops related to her keynote. A special line-up of presenters recognized for their expertise in UDL will round out the day.
- Saturday, Nov. 8, afternoon, the keynote will be Social Emotional Learning in the Art Classroom by Dr. Kristi Oliver. Multiple sessions will be offered to help you meet your students’ needs. By popular demand, Adrienne Hunter and Dr. Donalyn Heise are back to talk about teaching art to students experiencing trauma.
- Saturday, Nov. 8, the conference will close with Dr. Belzer from the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. He will explain how mindfulness will provide a way for teachers and students to deal with stress.
Send all inquiries or submit event description, location and link to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be posted, the event must meet the following qualifications:
– state or county-wide;
– focused on professional learning; and
– open registration to participants from the arts education sector.
Please do not submit event information that is designed to promote a particular program.